Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

L.A. Reporters Jailed in N. Korea Need Support of all Angelenos

There was no doubt in my mind today, as I sought to remedy my day-late (I don't post on weekends) posting to Republic Of L.A. with a meaningful new blog post: I would link to LA Observed. Why? Kevin Roderick has today's most important issue for the Los Angeles journalism community (and, in my humble opinion, that of the entire nation) front-and-center on his home page.
I'm speaking of the plight of two L.A. journalists, Laura Ling and Euna Lee. The two Current TV reporters are being held in North Korea and will face what will surely be a kangaroo court soon. Wednesday, there will be vigils, and I implore everyone to come out show strong support for these two.

The thing about a kangaroo court is it can be manipulated for good. If the Koreans see any potential gain in letting these innocent journalists go free, the court may "pardon" them for their "crimes."

Visit LAObserved for details on the vigils: http://www.laobserved.com/ Remember, if you show up for someone else's cause (hint, hint gay community), they will show up for yours.

No comments: