Search This Blog

Monday, March 8, 2010

What Gets Young People Excited These Days?

It's not drugs. It's not rebellion.
And, it's not necessarily shoes, but...


For many, it's something small, something personal that connects them to their peers, their heroes and their world. I love this generation. Here's an example of what I mean: Click the play arrow and learn about the youth of today from a minor, yet emblematic moment in time as Brian DeWolf, our researcher at the Business Journal, opens a pair of reissued retro Air Pennys.

Brian sent me an email after he agreed to let me blog the impromptu video I took at the office...(I think the kids are alright.)

"Hey Thom, at the risk of being obnoxious, here’s more on the shoes.




The ones I just got…

These were the three colorways that came out in 1996 for Penny Hardaway when he was playing for the Orlando Magic.

Hardaway ended his career on the Miami Heat, so these are the shoes in Heat colors. Interestingly, he retired before these shoes came out so he never wore them in a game.










These are some more special edition colorways.



The Air Penny line has about 4 or 5 different shoe models, and they just came out with the ones below about a month ago. The idea with

these is that they’re pulling elements from each shoe in the series and putting them into one shoe.

No comments: